Firefox link navigation

I have been using vimperator firefox extension a lot and I find it very useful. However, I was wondering how can I click on links ( slashdot page links) without using Mouse. Searched the net and found something interesting that I have overlooked in firefox for quite a long time now.

Firefox has a simple trick: press ' (single quote) and you can search through the links from a page by typing a string in the small box from the bottom of the window. So you could type the first characters from the anchor and when the link you want to open has focus, press enter.

(or press CNTL + Enter for opening in a new tab).
btw, while using vimperator, you might have to Escape all keys ( i) and then do the ' to search the link using keystrokes.

This all got started when after being with mutt for some 2 hours, I got reluctant to open firefox thinking that, damn, I will have to use that mouse again.
At last, figured out a way with firefox.
Ah, mouse less existence is a bliss.

1 comment:

dinil_divakaran said...

Thanks; this is quite useful.