mpegtv for Linux

Got some VCDs from Home. Apollo 13, Dil Chata Hai, Nala Damayanthi,Terminator 2, Bad Boys,Lion King,Aladdin and got "The Making of the Mahatma" today.
Xine, Mplayer,Totem Player have always created havoc with Fedora and had decided that today at I shall explore a good number of options to get the VCD thing working on my linux.
While trying, stubled across Mpegtv (http://www.mpegtv.com/download.html). The Only software which worked straight after the install for VCD so far!. Phew!. But this does not follow the Linux way of doing things. This is a shareware not a free software.
But for quick and dirty way of enjoying movies, me gonna use mtvp

If you have a your Totem player playing your VCDs you get at shops, plz let me know how and what did you do. I have tried many many options few months back and gave up due to lack of time, I shall pull back this exercise again.

No comments: